Frequently Asked Questions For Staff
- We receive the application and the three references from you.
- After our staff review and prayerfully consider your application, we send the contract, questionnaire, and support letter to you.
- You sign the contract and return it to us, indicating your commitment for the summer.
- We perform a background check on you.
- If background check gives satisfactory report, you are now an Amazing Grace Baptist Camp staff member!
- Guys: Be clean shaved. Wear collared shirts for all evening services (nice jeans are acceptable for services.) Do not wear tank tops, ripped jeans, or shorts above the knee.
- Ladies: Dresses, skirts, shorts and culottes should come to the knee or longer. You may also wear loose fitted pants. Dresses or skirts are required for evening services. Pants are acceptable for daily activities. Do not wear sleeveless shirts or tight fitting clothing.
- All the staff members are required to be a part of a local church throughout the summer on Sundays. We have two wonderful Bible-preaching churches, Calvary Baptist Church, located in Ottawa, and Lighthouse Baptist Church in Baldwin City.
- All staffers that are not already a member of a local church in the area must attend the two options above when we are not in the services at the camp.
If you are talking about geography, then the answer is 80 acres.
Yes!! Our commitment is to see spiritual growth in the life of each staff member.
- The full summer is (staff training) May 26th—(last rental) August 30th.
- Please remember to work at AGBC you must attend staff training. Exceptions can be made by prior approval by camp Director. We will try our best to be flexible with everyone’s schedule especially for school dates.
Our theme for the summer of 2018 is “Funny Page Frenzy”.
- Any contract exceptions must be approved by the Camp Director.
- Please submit a written request at the earliest opportunity. Any time away (more than 1 day) will need to be submitted to the camp director.
Each summer staffer has the opportunity to send out support letters to family, friends, and churches with the goal of raising financial and prayer support. Over the past years, many of the staff have seen God provide more than they imagined.
- Yes. We want you to be confident and capable in your area of ministry, so we give you instruction through two weeks of intensive and practical staff training for carrying out your assigned responsibility.
- We will also train the staff in the basics of Biblical counseling since every staff member may have the opportunity of helping others grow spiritually.
We are looking for young people to serve as counselors, leadership staff, retail staff, grounds/maintenance staff, cooks and kitchen staff, program staff, lifeguards, and housekeeping staff.
- We will have 3 junior camps and 3 teen camps.
- We also provide rental camps for various local ministries.
AGBC is located in the heart of the Midwest. We are about an hour southwest of Kansas City in Ottawa, Kansas.
- AGBC was formed in 1969 through the vision of several area pastors.
- 2018 marks our 49th year of ministry.
Amazing Grace Baptist Camp seeks to assist the local church in fulfilling the Great Commission by equipping the saints to do the work of the ministry. We desire to see people come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ (evangelism) and to grow in that knowledge by giving them an understanding of their responsibility to obey God’s Word (discipleship). It is our goal that our ministry would be used by God to bring honor to Him and to expand His kingdom.